Albert Mill, Cornbrook, Manchester
Albert Mill in Cornbrook, Manchester a Grade II Listed former cotton mill in need of renovation.
Burnaby Stone Care Ltd. were asked to carry out a sensitive cleaning and restoration package which consisted of the following disciplines:
- Cleaning to all external brickwork elevations by means of a pH neutral detergent in conjunction with the DOFF Superheated Water System.
- Full external re-point using a 1:1:6 lime based mortar
- Plastic repairs to cills/string course
- Graffiti removal
- Internal low-pressure abrasive removal of lime-wash from timber/brickwork
- Abrasive cleaning and priming internal steelwork
- Indenting new stone to steps
- Fixing of new padstones
- Abrasive cleaning of timber
- Over 200m of Brick replacement
- Take down and rebuild whole of parapet utilising reclaimed and specialist handmade bricks
- Restoration to date-stone and replacement of tiled signage