Church of the Holy Rood, Barnsley
Burnaby Stone Care has recently completed the restoration to the internal fabric of The Church of the Holy Rood, Barnsley, South Yorkshire, which is a Grade II* listed building.
- Careful cleaning of all brickwork and limestone by means of the DOFF superheated water system and airless spray system, all combined with the use of enclosed vacuum heads to prevent saturation of the building.
- Cleaning of the oak ceiling.
- Redecoration of the cast-iron roof straps and joists.
- Careful removal, utilising specialist hand tools and quirks, all loose and unstable pointing followed by the re-pointing using a lime putty.
- Stabilisation and descaling of large masonry units.
- Careful cleaning to all stained glass internally, using de-ionised water.
All works were carried out from an internal birdcage tube and clip scaffold which was fully monofelx sheeted where required with all fittings inclusive of statues, lighting, pews, ornamental sundries, flooring and the church organ receiving full protection utilising 1,000 gage polythene and hardboard.
All works were completed on time, within budget and to the satisfaction of the prime architect, the church diocese and the priest.