J D Wetherspoon, Union Rooms, Newcastle
J D Wetherspoon's Union Rooms is a Grade II Listed Building, located in Newcastle City Centre.
After carrying out a detailed report together with a full photographic survey, Burnaby Stone Care were charged with carrying out the following restoration works:-
1. Erection of a tube and clip scaffold access
2. Cleaning to the sandstone fabric using the DOFF System
3. Application of a suitable biocide to kill of any vegetation
4. Replacement of 12 number balusters
5. Replacement and carving to various sandstone features, including column capitals, string course, cills, heads, ashlar walling
6. Re-pointing using a 1:3 lime mortar
7. Various lime mortar repairs to old fixing holes
8. Removal of loose and delaminated stonework back to a sound surface
9. Replacement of code 5 lead.
The building remained open throughout the duration of the works.