Midland Hotel, Morecambe
When the Midland Hotel opened in 1933 it took the place of an earlier hotel, also called the Midland which had occupied the site since 1848.
The art-deco inspired hotel fell in to disrepair when it closed for business during the 1980s, but has now been given a new lease of life after extensive restoration and refurbishment works.
Burnaby Stone Care Ltd. were asked to carry out a integral part of the regeneration of the hotel and provided the following services:-
- Extensive repairs to Terrazzo floor
- Cleaning and coating of Terrazzo floor
- Carefully take down, repair, and rebuild the famous Eric Gill Relief
- Repairs to limestone Seahorses
- Cleaning, repairing and forming window openings
- Rebuilding and repairing of marble main entrance