Picton Library, Liverpool
This is a Grade 2* listed building. Situated on William Brown Street, Liverpool, the Picton reading rooms form part of the Liverpool Central Library. Designed by Cornelius Sherlock and modelled after the British Museum reading rooms, it was completed in 1879 and was the first electrically lit library in the UK,
The front is semi-circular with Corinthian columns and the shape was chosen to cover the change in axis of the row of buildings at this point.
Works carried out:
Cleaning to all elevations using a combination of the DOFF super-heated water system and dilute detergents to all stonework and glazed bricks to the rear. Low pressure abrasive cleaning was utilised to remove paint from the brickwork internally.