Sunnybank Mill Farsley
Sunnybank Mills, Farsley – 1912 Mill
Initially built within this large mill complex, the Grade II Listed 1912 Mill was originally opened for use within the textile industry.
Following the textile industry's decline the mill was then used as a production and filming studio by Yorkshire Television, with programmes such as Emmerdale Farm and Heartbeat using its facilities.
Burnaby Stone Care were invited to help transform the mill into self-contained hi-spec office space and carried out the following works.
1. Replacement of damaged stone units and cills
2. Patch-pointing using a colour matched lime mortar
3. Cleaning to all external fabric by means of a dilute chemical detergent in conjunction with the DOFF System
4. Re-masticing all 187 windows
5. Lime mortar restoration to numerous fixing holes
1. Low-pressure abrasive cleaning to internal brickwork
2. Abrasive cleaning/priming and an application of a one hour intumescent fireproof coating to cast iron columns and beams
3. Re-pointing to brickwork