T.A. Barracks, Ardwick, Manchester
This building, with rooftop crenellations in the style of a medieval castle, stands at the top end of Ardwick Green, just south of the city centre
Works carried out:
- Take down and rebuild chimney stacks utilising stainless steel dog cramps and dowels to prevent any future movement.
- Replace de-laminated stone and brickwork with sourced material to match.
- Take down all castellations to a sound base, cramp and re-fix to stop any further movement.
- Cut out by hand and sympathetically re-point to various areas to match existing.
- Replacement of weathered string-course details in new stone to match existing.
- Using the DOFF Super Heated Water System clean the whole façade .